Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2007

We made it!

Kyle and I arrived safely in San Diego at 5:55 pacific time last night. Our flight went really well; we were slightly worried about getting to the airport early enough, but thankfully we arrived with plenty of time to spare. We even had time to eat lunch at Chipotle, which always makes Kyle happy :) The view from the plane was soooo beautiful. There were hardly any clouds all the way over, we had such a great view! It was fun trying to guess what state we were traveling over, and Kyle was very kind to let me have the window seat.

The Lunds picked us from the airport and took us to a very festive Mexican restaurant in Old Town San Diego for dinner. It was delicious! We had a great time with Brian and Sam, and we are super excited to spend a whole week with them!

This morning Kyle and Brian are off to Westminster Seminary to attend class. Needless to say Kyle is beyond excited :) Currently I have parked myself at a local coffee shop where I was planning to get some work done on my literature review, however that hasn't happened yet. I sat down to work, and this friendly old man on the other side of the shop called me over to look at some pictures of buffalo, geysers and mountains that he took on his trip to Yellowstone Park last month. It turns out that this man was really nice and a fellow believer so it was a fun conversation. He reminded me of my Grandpa in many ways :) Anyway now after the 30 minute slide show I should probably get to work on my paper.

Kyle and I will continue to post updates on our trip however boring they may be :)

In Christ,
Rachel

No comments: