Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Random Thoughts by Rachel :)

Since I have been harassed lately about not posting on this blog as often as I promised (Mom), I figured it was about time for another post :) Today my family, including Grandpa and Grandma Aase, came over for church to hear Kyle preach and spend time with us. This morning Kyle gave his second sermon out of a three week series on the book of Jude. He talked about WHY we need to contend for the faith. Next week he will finish up his Jude series discussing HOW one contends for the faith, and the hope we have in Jesus. We look forward to Kyle's parents visiting us next Sunday!

As Kyle wrote on an earlier post, I am very relieved to have finished my literature review and methods section of my senior research project. This definitely was the most daunting part of the whole process for me so I am glad to be over that hurdle. The next step is for me to find my participants and begin interviewing. If anyone knows someone who was home schooled and has made the transition into college it would be SUPER helpful if you could let me know. Preferably I would like to do my interviews face to face so people around the La Crosse/Austin area would be ideal. I appreciate your help in advance!

This coming week shouldn't be too exciting. Kyle and I both have a busy week of school, work and ministry. It would be great if you pray for wisdom for the pastoral church committee of our church as they are in the process of finding the man the Lord has called to be our new pastor. Kyle has been very busy with that committee lately.

Jake (my brother) is now a cook at TGI Friday's so it's been fun working with him again. We've pretty much worked at the same place since we were 9 and 10 years old and we did our paper routes together. Then we both worked at the Chatham Street Cafe and Clasen Jordan Mortuary together. It's made things easier for Kyle and I only having one car because often Jake and I work at the same times. Well, I think that's all for now. I hope that everyone has a wonderful week!

~Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Rach, I know that wasn't the vote you wanted but it was really close between that and scruffy, definitely not clean shave though, maybe in 10 to 15 years :o) By the way Kyle, you did great today and as always we loved being at your church! Love you both .........Mom

Jake said...

Good job having a blog.