Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another Day in San Diego

So today Kyle and I spent the morning looking at potential apartments in Escondido, CA. We made the mistake of going to the nicest one first. Therefore, in comparison all the other apartments didn't look very appealing. Actually, they were pretty much in the ghetto. I would REALLY like to live in the nice apartment complex. The unit we toured was a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom with a really cool deck area. Also, it has a TON of storage space, and it would be wonderful to have an extra bedroom/bathroom when we have guests over. Kyle was very excited to discover that every apartment complex has a private pool The view was sooooo beautiful because the building is on a hill that overlooks the city. Kyle said that it reminded him of a hotel, and if we lived there he would feel like he was on vacation all the time. Our goal today was to see what was out there and to compare prices. Needless to say this particular apartment could be a little out of our price range :( Anyway maybe I will just have to get an extra good job :)

When we returned to the Lunds, the four of us decided to eat lunch at Chipotle and then head down to San Diego for the rest of the day. We took a scenic highway on the way there. It was great to see more of the area! The road went along the coast and it was beautiful! When we got to San Diego we toured the USS Midway, which is a huge old Navy ship that is now permanently docked in San Diego. It was really cool. Although, I think that if there weren't arrows telling us where to go I would have gotten lost very quickly. Anyway, that was a lot of fun!

After that we headed to the Gaslamp district for dinner. We met a couple of Brian and Sam's friends from seminary there and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. The food was good, but our server was kind of annoying and I think she had more tables then she could handle because she wasn't very attentive. Maybe I'm just too critical of servers though.

We just arrived back home and I'm SUPER tired. However, I told Kyle that I was going to blog everyday and he didn't believe me so I had to write a quick post :) Tomorrow we are off to church in the morning, and then to the beach if the weather is nice. Check back for more updates!

*Rachel*

No comments: