Tuesday, December 30, 2008
While I generally spend my time at a different blog, Synod of Saints, I wanted to post quickly to wish my wife a very happy 2nd anniversary. That's right, two years ago today Rachel and I entered the sacred covenant of marriage. I am so grateful to the Lord for bringing Rachel into my life, and establishing our lives together. She is the delight of my eyes and the person whom I love and cherish above any other. She is my best friend, helpmate, companion in sorrow and joy, and the beautiful mother of our daughter (fellas there is nothing so wonderful as watching a wife become a mommy). No words and no expression can adequately summarize the tenderness, affection, and love which I have for you. Lord willing our marriage will continue to prosper under the gracious hand of God as we earnestly seek to reflect that sacred love between Christ and the Church. May we die to Christ every day, and live in unspeakable joy. Happy Anniversary Love!
Friday, December 19, 2008
- As of Wednesday this week Evelyn is 4 months old! Kyle and I are continuing to have TONS of fun with our little girl. She has fallen into a good routine and is now sleeping 10 hours through the night consistently which makes Mommy very happy :)
- A week ago today was Kyle's last day of military duty! He is thrilled to be done :)
- Kyle gets his braces off on Tuesday! He has had them on since shortly after we got engaged; I hardly remember what he looks like without them :)
- Kyle registered for classes at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. In the spring he will be taking Practice Preaching and Soteriology.
- We have been doing lots and lots of packing this week. It's amazing, we have thirty some boxes of books alone! I've been feeling a little sentimental about leaving La Crosse and moving out of the apartment that we've lived in since we got married, but I'm also excited to take this next step in our lives. Kyle and I are both looking forward to getting settled in our new home.