Search This Blog

Friday, October 19, 2007

TGIF

Yes, that is right, thank goodness it's Friday! To say it's been a busy week would be an understatement. Rachel has been really busy plugging away at her final research paper for communication studies. They had a 20+ paper due today, which she finished last night. She made a nice nest on the kitchen table (and looked quite cute studying so hard). Her paper, in case she hasn't mentioned it, is on how home-schoolers adjust to college life. She read me her paper and it really was quite fascinating, it seems that there really is no down side to homeschooling the kids. She also had a busy week at work clocking nearly forty-hours. Her family is coming over on Sunday, so we are excited for that. Rachel volunteered to make one of my favorites, crockpot chicken!
I also had quite the busy week. I've been studying and preparing my second sermon on Jude. Who would have ever thought that in a book which is only 25 verses long you would have to be so picky and choosy about what you could speak on. Seriously, I am given three weeks (for which I am very grateful) but I have no doubt that one could preach through the book of Jude for months. After all, both Thomas Manton and William Jenkyn penned nearly 400-page commentaries on the book. I have found Manton's to be of particular use and have profited much from it. Aside from plugging away at that I also led our off campus Bible study on Hebrews 2 this week. We had a fun little discussion on the writers (we'll call him Paul) use of "tasted death for everyone." I also did the youth group stuff. We took a break from our regular Westminster Confession study and took at look at a piece by Jonathan Edwards and the surrendered heart. It was very encouraging. I've also started writing my final philosophy paper. It's going to be about Reformed Epistemology (gripping eh?) We also had call committee last night, it's getting down to some exciting times, the labor is paying off!
Well that's about all there is to report from the Borgs. We apologize (to all you vast amount of readers) that we haven't been writing much, it's been a busy week.
Grace.
Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you should make "writers" into "writer's". In this case, using the plural instead of the possessive really does make for a confusing sentence structure.

Secondly, it's a good thing that you're not wasting time studying the Bible with the youth group and instead are indoctrinating them with the WC. Good job! I applaud your avoidance of the Scriptures!