Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

My Last Semester!

As I'm sitting in the computer lab waiting for my next class to begin I am reminded how thankful I am to be graduating in December. I only have twelve credits to finish up this semester! It's nice to have a lighter load then I'm used to, especially because I'm currently working on my Senior thesis for Communication Studies. My research is titled: Packin' the Backpack: A Qualitative Examination of the Experiences of Home Schooled Students Transitioning into College. I'm specifically looking at the positive and negative messages (stereotypes?) that home schooled students receive when coming to college, and how they adapt communicatively in a new educational environment. It's really cool because there is no previous Communication research conducted on this topic. Before the semester started I was EXTREMELY overwhelmed about this project, but thankfully my advisor has been very helpful and encouraging to me over the last couple weeks. I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Throughout this process it has been very encouraging to me to mediate on Colossians 3:23-24. Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

3 comments:

Kyle Borg said...

Honey, that's a creepy looking picture of *just* me, you should change it.

Mr. Modern said...

Rachel - that's a great "thesis" title and a great "thesis". I'd be interested in seeing it when it's done since we, of course, will end up facing the home-school-to-public-school transition somewhere down the line.

Anonymous said...

I homskoolled wuz. I talk gud. I reel lerned, to.