Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crock Pot Wednesday?

So as most of you probably know I LOVE my crock pot. I love recipes that use it and I am constantly looking for new recipes to add to my rotation. I've decided to share a crock pot recipe every Wednesday on my blog...hence "Crock Pot Wednesday." This week's recipe is:

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue
4 frozen chicken breast halves
1 (12 oz) bottle of BBQ sauce (Name brand works best...Jack Daniel's, Sweet Baby Ray's, etc.)
1/2 c. Italian Dressing
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 T. Worchestershire Sauce
1 lg. onion, sliced
  1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. Slice onion and add in with chicken. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
  2. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.
  3. About one hour before eating take chicken breasts out and shred meat.
  4. Serve as a topping for baked potatos with sharp cheddar shredded cheese and sour cream. You can also serve as an open faced sandwich using a thick slice of sourdough bread and topping with a slice of melted american cheese.
Enjoy!

Review from Kyle:
"This is a veritable taste explosion in the mouth! It even makes great leftovers."


2 comments:

Jennie said...

Yummy! This recipe sounds like it would work well with a boneless pork roast, too.

It's too funny that you are posting "Crock Pot Wednesdays"! I was planning to start a "Crock Pot Monday" thing on My blog, since I always seem to use it to make Monday just a little bit easier! ~ Jennie

Kyle and Rachel said...

I bet it would taste great with pork as well! Nice thinking :) You should do crock pot Monday; if I could use my crock pot everyday I would. I will be looking out for some recipes on your blog :)