Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's A...JOB


Well it's about time, but Kyle (woops, I mean "I") got a job! I lost my job last May due to circumstances outside of my control (ask if you want to know). I have been jobless since. During the summer I looked for jobs and didn't have much luck. Coming into the fall we decided maybe I should focus on other things. But when we found out baby (Witsius) was going to be born we decided it was time for me to get a job again. Anyway, I've been looking since January, and turned down one job offer since. But last Thursday I had an interview with Xcel Energy and they called on Friday to offer me the job.
So what is it? I'm a meter man. That's right, the creepy guy that once a month comes into the backyard and scares everyone. That's going to be me. Now before you point and laugh know that this job is going to be sweet! Not only do I get to be outside all day (during the summer) but I get to work on my tan. Albeit it will be a nice farmer's tan. No really, it's going to be a great setup and really help Rachel and I plan and save for seminary. Anyway, we are very thankful for this opportunity and the provision of the Lord at this time in our life.
Grace and Peace.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on such cooool names! I'm super jealous on how well you have researched the backgrounds on these! I just happened to stumble on this blog, and think God has put this blog here for a reason. This is nifty, and I am bookmarking it! I work with a Youth Group here in Post Falls Idaho...(teeny tiny. I'm gonna put this in my fav's so the kids can see it. We're having an issue with our kids dropping out, and going through some tough times. Maybe I can borrow you two in a few weeks? These kids are super nerds, and we're just getting this started, but anyone who shows as much love for our Saviour as you two can't be half bad!

Kyle and Rachel said...

WYM-
Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words. You can see more on our other blog as well: www.synodofsaints.blogspot.com This one is for some of our personal updates on life and that one is a bit different.
Grace and Peace,
The Borgs

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kyle! We're really thrilled for you! Did you know Brian was a meter reader in Mpls? Now you'll have even more to talk about...
-Sam

Anonymous said...

it IS a job kyle and that is better than NOT a job...congratulations! when will you know gender and such of: one baby? when will y'all be in the austin area next?

Jeremy and Kate said...

Congrats Kyle!
We have been praying and are so happy for you both!!!
Praise God for His provision!
-Kate and Jeremy

Rachel said...

Are you going to come check the meter at our house? I will let you in for some pop if you are! (and your Abby fix :)

Jennie said...

That's awesome, Kyle! Way to get some exercise, a tan, AND money! It's like the best job ever!

blund said...

How's work going?

Anonymous said...

When will there be pictures of growing Rachel posted?

Ben Dahlvang said...

"circumstances beyond your control" huh? Somehow I interpreted your story differently. Hope the meeter man job works out. That's an honorable job. Sometimes I think the mundane jobs are more honorable than the exciting ones, since not everyone can do boring things. But who knows, maybe you'll run in to a mean dog from time to time. Just to give you a heads up on that score: I've heard that either ammonia in a spray bottle or pepper spray is a must for mailmen and meetermen. You can thank me later.
Looks like I'll be back to shoveling the black crap in a few weeks. We can compare our tans at the end of the summer. $10 says you'll be darker than me, since I nap under a shade tree every chance I get.

Kyle Borg said...

Are you shoveling the dark stuff in Minnesota?