Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Behind the name...

Some of you may be wondering, "Why the name Evelyn Grace?" Well here is the answer :) Evelyn is just a name that we both thought was very pretty and feminine. Also, we love the nickname Evie! I personally like older, less common names. Many of the trendy names that are popular these days are just not my style at all. We thought about using a biblical name for awhile, but it seems that most of the "good ones" are either already taken by members of our families or close friends. I informed Kyle that Evelyn is kind of biblical because of EVElyn :) As for the middle name Grace, we thought it was also pretty and flows well with Evelyn. More importantly, it is our prayer that the Lord's sovereign grace would be realized in Evelyn, and that she would reflect that grace to her neighbor.

~ Rachel


6 comments:

Rachel said...

It is a beautiful name!

Lorna said...

I love it! How beautiful!!

Jeremy and Kate said...

I loved it before...but now that I know the reasoning...

I LOVE IT MORE! :)

Have a blessed day!

We are praying for little Evie and Family!

blund said...

The Lunds like it to!

Sam said...

We can't wait to meet her!

Wanna watch a Disney movie?? ;)

Ben Dahlvang said...

Anna actually wanted to use that name if God ever blesses us with children (I can't remember about the Grace part, but I know she wanted to use that with some first name anyway). I'm a bit hesitant to tell her that you've unwittingly ripped it out of her hands. Maybe we could still use it anyway, just so long as our kids never meet. Anyway, good choice.