Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

To Blog, or Not to Blog

Okay, so I was told that my friend over at What the Thunder Said didn't have to blog until we posted a new something here. So this is my new something, so now he has no excuse.
We are sorry for not keeping this thing up to date, or I should say I'm sorry Rachel hasn't been. Ever since we decided to go pretty in pink I've tried to avoid this blog (okay, not really). But with having two other blogs I try to keep up with, I was hoping Rachel could take the bull by the horns on this one.
Life has been busy for both of us. I've been trying to find a job...still. I applied at Hobby Lobby the other day (yes, I'm desperate). My next choice is to go through ManPower and find some temp work. Anything that will help pay the bills. School is school. We're on spring break this week so I don't want to write about it, suffice to say I only have eight weeks left at this University! I'm also taking a lot of time to study Greek. I decided since I'm going into seminary without a good background I could try to do this on my own. It's tedious, but there is something thrilling about opening to John 1 and translating it. I spend a couple hours a day doing that.
Rachel is busy being pregnant. She has gotten a little baby belly and it's super cute! I can't wait till she shows more. We have our 16 week appointment a week from tomorrow, and in one month we get our ultra sound! We have names that we have agreed on, but don't bother asking we aren't telling. For those of you who aren't pregnant you will find, if you ever are, that everyone thinks they have a right to help name your baby and tell you what is good and what is bad. It gets a little tiring. So we decided no one is going to know until the baby is born, and if you don't like our child's name...well...tough. But Rachel isn't feeling as sick anymore, so we are very thankful for that. She is still working at TGIFriday's and seems to have gotten a bit of a promotion that will help a lot with the pregnancy.
Life is going on fine and dandy, the Lord has been abundantly good to us, far better than we deserve. But that's enough about us, here's a ponderable question:
What role does the wife have if her husband is a pastor? For all (one) reader(s), feel free to give us your thoughts.
Grace.

5 comments:

Ben Dahlvang said...

Regarding baby names, here's my word from the lord to you: You need to name your baby Ben. It doesn't really matter if it's a boy or a girl. But I suppose a distant second could be the name Anna if it's a girl.

Kyle Borg said...

Yeah, all of this coming from a cessationist.

Anonymous said...

Will you be finding out if it's a boy or a girl? And will you be telling us? That info would be most helpful for those people that may be planning to make something (like, oh, I don't know, a quilt?) for Junior!

Kyle Borg said...

Unfortunately we will not be finding out, and even more unfortunately we won't be telling anyone...even after the baby is born ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I totally admire your ability to be surprised! I know when I have a baby I will want to know the instant I am able to! I'll just make a quilt out of fabrics that can be for either, then!