Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Baby's Heartbeat

Kyle and I just got back from our first appointment with our Doctor. Our visit at 8 weeks just consisted of some lab work and filling out a family medical history. Today's appointment was much more exciting. Dr. Gerig went over the blood tests, conducted a physical exam, and used a doppler machine to listen for the baby's heartbeat.
It was great, she put the jelly stuff on my stomach, set the microphone down and instantly we heard the baby's nice strong heartbeat. The doctor commented, "Wow, you have a really cooperative little baby!" I guess usually they have to search around awhile before they hear the heartbeat. Baby's heart was beating at about 160 bpm.
According to the doctor everything looks good and right on schedule. The estimated due date is September 11, and I will be 12 weeks along tomorrow! We are so thankful to the Lord for this good news!

~Rachel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for the both of you! Todays news was great news for the both of you.

On a side note, I am watching "the boys next door" and I miss you Rachel.