Search This Blog

Friday, March 28, 2008

It's That Time Again

Well it's that time again for me to make up for my wife's obvious inability in posting. Okay, so that wasn't meant to be harsh, I know she thinks she has nothing to post on.
I have been thinking about what I could write. I thought I could give everyone a play by play of my most recent game of chess. I first developed my knight (g1) to f3, and then knight (b1) to c3. My opponent countered my opening move with Alekhine's Defence, moving pawn (e2) to d4...okay, so my chess game doesn't interest anyone.
In more exciting news we heard baby's heartbeat today! He was moving around quite a lot, must be hyper. I knew it! What goes around, comes around. I get a terrible fright every time I think our child could be as hyper active as I was when I was a kid. But no need, that's what Ritilin is for these days, right? Or perhaps I will just have him get his back adjusted (sorry, that wasn't meant as a mean joke to provoke any chiropractors, but I don't think any of them read this blog anyway).
That's right I said *him* But PALEASE, don't go thinking I just gave away the sex of our baby, I haven't. I just refer to our baby as "he" for the sake of ease. After all to use "he or she" in place of "he" as a generic pronoun sounds awkward. Not only that but contrary to popular liberal feminism the generic use of the masculine pronoun does not exclude women. It seems the English language has been complete and there is no need to introduce new circumlocutions. The kind of language that changes this seems to be linguistically superfluous, and because I care very little about catering to people's petty individual needs I will continue to call our baby by the pronoun "he." We won't be finding out the sex until "he" is born, which also means we are uncertain about names. However, we have reached a final verdict on names. The list has been narrowed down and we are offering you, the reader, the opportunity to vote on your favorite name. Each name is catered to a special meaning and great significance. We want the name to be a rich inheritance. You can vote for your favorite boy or girl name, or both, over to the right. But be forewarned this is not a democracy, the majority does not necessarily win.
Now that you have read this I applaud you! You have put up with my nonsense once again. No worries, I will encourage Rachel to post on here more often.

No comments: