Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Let's read through the whole Bible this year :)

So I decided that this year I am going to take a journey through the entire Bible. It's been a long time since I was successful in this endeavor, but I really want to do it this year. Often when I read my Bible, there are books/passages that go neglected and since we know that, "all scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," I think it will be very beneficial for me personally to go on this journey. If anyone would like to join me that would be great! I picked up a reading plan from church on Sunday. This particular one just schedules you to read four chapters a day beginning in Genesis. I started today reading chapters 1 through 4. I plan on blogging occasionally about what I am reading, and it would be really neat if we could have some discussion on this blog. Well those are my thoughts for the day!

~Rachel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I'm going to be using the read thru the Bible plan from TableTalk. I will be reading 2-3 chapters in the old and 1 chapter in the new I think. I have never read the Bible thru cover to cover, I've started but usually get behind and then quit. I've studied books of the Bible but I'm sure there our some passages in the Old Testament that I have not read. This is the year :o).
Mom

Jeremy and Kate said...

Rach,

Jeremy just finished doing that for 2007 and found it to be very enriching and wonderful...although of course, sometimes challenging! :)
I am doing through the Bibles in 2 years b/c I am usually to tired to read for long spans and then it allows me to do some other reading in the Bible and other books as well. :)
Great idea thought and I hope it will be a grow your walk even more! :)
Kate