Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Update: Rachel

Here are some of the things going on in my life:
- I am enjoying growing as a wife/mother/homemaker. I've been learning more and more what it means to rely on the strength of the Lord each day and not my own. This has been very good for me! I'm so thankful for the sanctifying work of the Spirit.

- I LOVE staying home and caring for our children! It gives me great joy to be the one teaching and nurturing them everyday. I'm very grateful for this privilege! We have tons of fun together :)

- I started doing some preschool with Evie this year which has been great! We are doing the Timberdoodle preschool ciriculumm, supplemented with some bible, devotional and catechism material. Evie really enjoys this! Judah is usually doing some sort of "school" along with us. Since Ev just turned 3 this August, we plan on taking this preschool ciriculumm and spreading it out over the next two years. I think it will be good to ease into homeschooling mode :)

- I've been enjoying building deeper relationships with the women at church and finding ways to serve. I'm starting to really feel at "home" at First RP which is a huge blessing.

- I've been finding more time to read lately. I just finished Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the Trenches (I hope to post a review of it in the next couple of days) and a book by Ian Duguid called Hero of Heroes (some devotional thoughts on the beatitudes). I have a long list of books that I'm working through :)

- I'm thankful to be feeling well physically! I feel better than I have in years (the children have been sleeping well, especially Aletta ;) ) I'm enjoying running on the treadmill most days. I find that this has helped my energy level a lot and it has been great to get back into shape after Aletta's birth.

- I continue to enjoy finding new ways to streamline housework/cooking and things of that nature. I'm growing in my love for organization...maybe that comes with having more kids.

- Well there are some updates. There is more I could write but I will leave it at this for now :)

No comments: