Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Evelyn: 39 months

It is my plan to give an update on each of the kids once a month. So here goes Evie's update :)

I love this girl! She is so sweet, tenderhearted and affectionate. There is never a dull moment when Evie is around. She talks CONSTANTLY and Kyle and I are often impressed with her vocabulary. I love being able to have conversations with her and understand what is going on in her head. We are memorizing the childrens' shorter catechism using this book and that has prompted many good discussions about the things of God. We have been encouraged to see the fruit of discipline in Ev; she is much more compliant and obedient than she was a 6 months ago.

Evie is a great big sister. She adores Aletta and Judah is her best buddy. She calls herself my "big helper" and she especially likes to help me cook. Evelyn is Daddy's girl: she looks forward to any time she gets to spend with Kyle. Today she cried for about 15 minutes because she didn't come downstairs in time to get a hug from Daddy before he left for school.

Evie LOVES to "do school": she is constantly asking me to do school with her. I love that she loves to learn and I hope that that will continue for the rest of her life.

I could say a lot more but I think I will stop here for this month :)

No comments: