Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning

So this is kind of a random post.... Cooking/meal planning is one of the areas that I am trying to become more proficient in as I learn how to be a better homemaker. One of my favorite things to do when Evie is napping is to look for new recipes online and read cooking tips. Well the other day I found this recipe for taco seasoning. I was amazed that you can actually make your own. Now that might seem like common sense to most of you, but I was pretty excited. We tested it out tonight and it was very tasty :) I thought I would share the recipe with you in case anyone wanted to give it a try.

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
This makes the equivalent of a packet of taco seasoning. I added a teaspoon of cornstarch in order to make it stick to the meat better. Also, after browning and draining the hamburger/turkey burger I added 2/3 c. of water to the meat and seasoning mixture then simmered on low for a few minutes. Basically its the same old directions :)

1 comment:

blund said...

mmmmmmmmmm.......... yummy.

*quickly wipes away drool*