Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2009

Here's the Update!

Wow this week has flown by! Not a lot has happened in our lives this week, but nevertheless I'll give a short update :) On Sunday night Kyle came down with a pretty bad cold (he told me he was on his deathbed). He was in pretty rough shape for a few days and is just now starting to feel like his old self. Evelyn and I are thankful that he is still alive :)

The hunt for a job continues....Kyle filled out a few more applications this week.

We had a great time at the new young couple's fellowship at church last Saturday night. It was really nice to get out and spend some time getting to know people from church. We REALLY like Harvest OPC and are starting to feel more "at home" there.

Later today we are taking Evie to Sears to get her 6 month pictures taken, I'm super excited! Hopefully she will smile for the camera so we can get some good shots. It shouldn't be too hard she is an extremely happy baby but we will she how she does :)

Kyle's mom has been in Grand Rapids visiting since Wednesday. It has been tons of fun having her here. On Thursday we took Evie swimming at her hotel and she had a really good time. I thought she would be scared but she did very well in the water. By the end she was kicking her legs and "swimming" back and forth from Mom to Dad to Grandma. She looked super cute in her little pink suit with butterflies on it :)

This morning we had our first annual Valentine's Day brunch complete with heart shaped oatmeal pancakes, eggs, bacon and hash browns. Kyle laughs at me, but I really like traditions, I think they are super fun for kids. We are just starting to develop our own little family traditions. My personal favorite is Mexican Thursday; every Thursday night I make some sort of Mexican food for dinner (tacos, enchiladas, burritos, etc) and Kyle, as the head of our household, gets to wear the special sombrero and poncho. It's great! If anyone has fun tradition ideas please feel free to leave a comment :)

Classes continue to go well for Kyle; he really is in his element. Much of his time is spent reading for class. He gets assigned a TON of reading but he loves every second of it! I hope you are all having a great Valentine's Day; please check in again next week for the next installment of the Borg Family Updates :)

How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart! ~ Psalm 36:7~10

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I really think you should post a picture of Kyle in the traditional Thursday outfit! Richard and I have pizza night every Friday. I make some sort of home made pizza, either "traditional" pizza or something different like anchovies, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach with pesto sauce (it's VERY GOOD!). We also have pancakes and sausage on Saturday mornings instead of the Scottish oatmeal we have the other 6 days of the week!

Kyle and Rachel said...

Hmmmm, I'll try to talk Kyle into allowing me to post a picture of him in his fiesta outfit! Maybe that will be included in next weeks update :) Thanks for reading this Jen :)

Anonymous said...

Now that I know you're back to updating your blog, I'll be sure to check. The pictures are great and it's good to see more extended updates than I see on Facebook.