Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our New Home...and Puppy

We have already been in our new home for two weeks! It has been a lot of fun moving in, getting settled and working on projects together. Kyle's mom, as well as my Mom, sisters and John were able to come out and help me paint most of the rooms on the main floor. Everything looks so much better now! I love how the paint colors turned out; I was a little nervous about them being too bold, but I think that they worked quite well. Kyle's project over the last couple of weeks has been to put in laminate wood floors in the kitchen and dining room (see below). He just finished this up yesterday! I was impressed that he was able to do this by himself without having any previous experience; what a man!

I can already tell that having a house is going to mean more work (cleaning, yardwork, etc.), but I am really enjoying it. We are so thankful to the Lord for providing us with this home. We are excited to be having more visitors in August (family for Evie's first birthday). If any of you readers are ever in the Grand Rapids area please feel free to come over for a visit! We would love to have you :)

Another exciting annoucement! Kyle finally got the dog that he has wanted since we got married. Huckleberry is the newest addition to the Borg family. He is half beagle and half golden retriever. We have had Huck for a week now and are enjoying our time with him. He is a very loving little puppy....I mean big puppy :) Evie loves having her kitty and puppy around, although she doesn't like it very much when Huck decides to lick her face. Our house is definitely a lively place with these three little ones; there is never a dull moment that's for sure :) Well that's about all the news I have for now. I will try to post again soon!

1 comment:

Taunya said...

Isn't it great to have a fresh floor and paint. We put new laminate in our last house and painted all the rooms too....but at a slower pace. you guys have done a lot of work quickly! It looks real cozy!