Search This Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Update Time!


So, if you have been asking yourself lately, "I wonder what the Borgs are up to??" you have come to the right blog :)

* Kyle sacrificially has permitted us to get a kitty (he hates cats). She is pictured to the right; her name is Mary and she is 11 weeks old. We have had her for two weeks now and Evie loves her. She gets super excited and points when she sees the kitty.

* Evelyn now crawls as fast a speeding bullet, well not quite but she is really fast. I have my work cut out for me doing damage control all day. Ev is an incredibly curious little child and doesn't like to be told no...but I guess no one does. Ah my totally depraved little baby. She also is a pro at pulling herself up on furniture and walking while holding on to it.

* Kyle LOVES his job at Reformation Heritage Books! He is also working on getting Greek 1 & 2 done online this summer.

* Evie's going to have a new little cousin! Kyle's twin brother Michael and his wife Rachel Anne are expecting their second child sometime in December. We are very excited to see them all again in about a year Lord willing.

* WE BOUGHT A HOUSE! We close tomorrow and move in early next week. It has four bedrooms, 2 baths and fenced in backyard. We are going to be having a lot of family coming to visit over the next month to help us move in/get organized and do some painting. We can't wait to be in our first home, Kyle and I both fell in love with it right away. Now that we will have plenty of room we would LOVE to have lots of visitors from Minnesota/Wisconsin :)

* I've been continuing to enjoy my time being able to stay home with Evelyn and be a homemaker. I'm so thankful for this opportunity! Evie and I fill our days with cooking, cleaning, reading, laundry,walks, some garage saling and occasional outings with friends that we have made here, and of course lots of playing with toys and snuggling :) Lately I've enjoyed looking at paint colors and deciding which ones to use in our new house. I've been thankful for Kyle's creative eye in this...I totally lack in that area, but it has been fun to play around with different color schemes.

Once we move in we will try to keep the blog updated with photos of our house as well as our family! Check back for more updates :)
~Rachel

2 comments:

Taunya said...

I added your blog to my bloglist - hope you don't mind. have fun painting your house. so nice that your family is coming to help you out

Mrs. A said...

Congratulations on your new house, Borg family!! :) We're so excited for you! You should post some pictures soon :) We hope that moving in went well. I'm trying to convince Brian to let us get a kitten, too....