Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Seven Months!




Our little baby, well actually she isn't so little anymore, turned seven months old yesterday! We are so thankful to the Lord for our baby girl; she truly is the joy of our home.

Lately she has been doing much better with solid food, eating three meals of it most days. Her favorites so far are avocado and sweet potato. She has also tried applesauce, bananas, peas, butternut squash as well as her oatmeal and rice cereal. I've been making her homemade baby food and it has actually been quite fun and satisfying. The other day I loaded the freezer with peas, carrots and papaya. Spinach and corn will be following soon. The ice cube tray method is very handy!

On Monday Evelyn fed herself Cheerios in her high chair for the first time. She really enjoys this; Evie is kind of an independent child, wanting to do everything herself and be involved in everything. She is my little helper. The other day while we were walking she was fussing and fussing and wanting to get out of the stroller; so when we were almost home I took her out and carried her on my hip pushing the stroller. Sure enough, Ev started leaning forward and trying to help me push the stroller. Ah she will be such a good big sister someday (nope I'm not hinting at anything...notice I said "someday").

We know that time will continue to fly by, so Kyle and I are just trying to enjoy everyday with our little girl. It's so fun to watch her curiously looking at everything and learn new things. What a blessing!

No comments: