Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

Week 32: Evelyn Update

First of all I have to apologize that I don't have a picture for this week, but I will post the information for week 32. Don't worry I will make it a point to post a new picture next week. I can't believe we only have 8 weeks to go!!



How Evie is growing:

By now, your Evelyn weighs around 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in Rachel's uterus. Most women gain about a pound a week during this time and roughly half of that goes right to the baby. In fact, Evelyn will gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

2 comments:

Matt said...

okay...I've got to ask...what in the world is a jicama? For those of us not up-to-date on weird fruits and vegetables, this is not a ton of help :)

Anonymous said...

it's a root/toober vegi